Wednesday 25 July 2012

Maps that Matter 2

Phew.
This Cambridge map is not how I envisioned. I have no idea why I decided to make it orange.. but its done now and If I spend anymore time on it i'll go mad.
I tried out adding hand-drawn type to both maps with a dip pen but it looked awful. I don't know how Alfred Wainwright did it.. In the end I got angry and just covered it in bikes.
These are a few places I visit in Cambridge (I honestly go other places than just pubs..)
For this map I tried out just painting, no cut paper. I think thats where I want my illustration to go now.


I also taught a small lino-cutting/relief printing class which went really well and painted a Cafe's sandwich board sign this week.
Its now sunny in Cambridge and Im off to the Folk Festival this weekend.
sweet!
:)